Agenda for Coureurs de Bois Meeting
March 20, 2012
1. Welcome to members and guests. Our Guest Speaker is Deb Berthelot. She will talk to us after the meeting about the effects of water treatment in the mine sites on the watershed.
2. Minutes of Jan. 17 meeting:
3. Treasurer’s Report: Donna
4. Vice President’s Report: Grant
5. Back pats for special events this winter by our club: Moonlight Hikes; Leisure Hikes; Winterfest Hike partnered with AHU and City; Cobre Lake Trail Sign. March 10 visit to Nancy Jo’s cottage.
6. Membership: becoming a member, keeping our membership list up to date
7. Upcoming Events:
a) Trail Clearing- John will contact those who have signed up for trail clearing;
b) Hike Leader Training Course May 26. Lunch will be provided. Places still are available for this course.
c) Cobre Lake Trail clearing: Heavy clearing with chainsaws will be done by MNR of Park staff. We will do light clearing after this has been done.
d) Highway 108 clean up between Depot Lake and Airport in May. Need a leader and volunteers.
e) Potluck Supper at Westview Park, June 22 from 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Need volunteers to set up and take down.
8. Volunteers to invite guest speakers to future meetings.
9. CPR. Course
10. Blog news
11. Borrowed Items
12. Reminder to Hike Leaders to hand in their sign up sheets to Donna with their volunteer hours.
14. Deb Berthelot.